Nursing Program Participation Requirements
Application to the nursing program is a 2-step process.
- Students need to be admitted to the University (may apply online).
- Students submit an application to the nursing program through the Nursing Department.
Program Admissions Timeline
Applications are available from the Nursing Department starting in March of the student's freshman year. Admission decisions are made mid-fall of the student's sophomore year and accepted applicants start the nursing program spring semester (early February) of their sophomore year.
Admission to the nursing program is once per year. Up to 90 students are accepted into a class. Preference is given to applicants with Bethel credits; therefore, transfer students are advised to come to Bethel for at least one semester before they start the nursing program.
- Complete the 1-page application form (available through the Department of Nursing).
- Write a 2-4 page paper addressing specific questions from the application form that help you express your interest in our nursing program.
- Submit 2 references: at least one from a college-level professor, the other one from another professor or a work supervisor.
- Submit nursing department health forms, showing documentation of an up-to-date physical exam and current immunizations.
General Biology and Lab (BIO118/118D), 4 credits
Clinical Anatomy and Lab (BIO224/225), 4 credits
Clinical Physiology and Lab (BIO226/227), 4 credits
Clinical Microbiology and Lab (BIO230/231), 4 credits
Introduction to Chemistry and Lab (CHE101/101D), 4 credits
Introduction to Nutrition (CHE106/106D), 4 credits
Introduction to Psychology (PSY100), 3 credits
Lifespan Development (PSY203), 3 credits
All science prerequisites, except Nutrition, require a lab.
To apply, a student's cumulative Bethel GPA and science prerequisite GPA must be 2.75 or better.
Early Admit Option
High school seniors with an ACT score of 26 or higher have an opportunity for early admittance into the nursing program. Please contact Joy Genung, nursing admissions coordinator, at 651.638.6145 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional questions related to admission to Bethel’s nursing program, please contact Joy Genung, nursing admissions coordinator, at 651.638.6145 or email@example.com.