✖ close

☰ In This Section

If you withdraw from classes or drop out of school in the middle of a term, you may have a refund applied to your student account.

Types of Refunds

There are two types of refunds:

A refund of institutional charges credits money to your student account (decreasing what you owe). A refund of financial aid reduces the amount of financial aid available to pay your institutional charges (increasing what you owe).

Refunds of Financial Aid

Upon withdrawal, the following refunds of financial aid will be calculated. If you receive a full (100%) refund of tuition, you are ineligible for any federal, state, institutional, or private source of financial aid.

1. Return of Title IV Funds Policy

If a student withdraws or is dismissed from Bethel after a semester has begun, the school or the student may be required to return some of the federal aid funds awarded to the student. This Return of Title IV (federal) Funds policy is required by federal regulations.

The federal formula requires a return of Title IV aid if the student received federal financial assistance in the form of a Federal Pell Grant, Federal Direct Loan, or Federal PLUS Loan, and withdrew from all classes on or before completing 60 percent of the semester.

2. Minnesota Office of Higher Education (OHE) Financial Aid Refund Policy

Bethel is required to use the OHE financial aid refund policy when calculating refunds for Minnesota State Grants.

3. Financial Aid Refunds for Institutional and Private Funds

After calculating the federal and state refunds policies, institutional and private gift aid is reduced by the same percent as the tuition amount was reduced.

This is a summary of the Refund Policy. The complete policy is located in the College of Adult & Professional Studies Catalog.