We are committed to creating equal access for all.
We strive to be a community that creates and sustains an open and accessible environment that promotes holistic development in all members as we pursue kingdom living together.
We are here to support the ongoing development of an accessible university that embraces and celebrates diversity.
We do this by:
- Creating an environment of open access to the university and its programs for students, employees and guests with disabilities
- Working collaboratively as a community to eliminate barriers to access
- Designing opportunities for inclusion
- Coordinating effective reasonable accommodations
- Advocating for an equitable learning atmosphere
- Promoting self-determination and holistic growth in the pursuit of life in Christ
Individual contact is available at the freshman level to provide instruction and modeling of advocacy skills and accessing of services. By the time students are juniors and seniors, our one-on-one time has lessened, as they have gained the skills needed to be their own best advocate; achieving independence over time is the goal.
Model of Service
- Accommodations provided by law
- All accommodations are provided by our accommodations team
- Accommodations are in place to remove the academic barriers that exist due to the manifestations of the disability
- Accommodations are not meant to guarantee success for the student but to ensure fair and equal access
- Individual meetings with a Disability Specialist are an additional service beyond legal mandates