Here's how you apply:
Step 1 - Check application requirements and prerequisites
You must meet these requirements to be eligible for the program. All academic requirements must be fulfilled through a regionally accredited institution.
- Earned GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Have earned a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited (or internationally recognized as equivalent) institution
- Prerequisite: 9 Additional credits in Behavioral Sciences
- Prerequisite: Developmental Studies Course
- Prerequisite: Statistics or Research Methods
Step 2 - Apply
Next, get started on your online application.
Step 3 - Complete your application steps
There are just a few things we need from you before we can review your application.
- Interview with faculty member (by invitation only)
- Official college transcript
- Statement of purpose
- Two professional references
Step 4 - Complete enrollment requirements
Instructions for enrollment requirements will be provided by the M.A. in Counseling Program after acceptance. Enrollment requirements include:
- Non-refundable tuition deposit ($100)
- Criminal background check*
*Certain offenses may preclude graduates from becoming licensed as a professional counselor and/or may limit clinical placement options.