Take some time to exhaust your private scholarship possibilities. Who knows? Maybe your church or community organizations have funds available for students. Every little bit helps!
Here are a few resources we've compiled to get you started.
Scholarships for Physician Assistant and Nurse-Midwifery Students
- AAPA Veterans Caucus
Scholarships intended for veterans or active members of the Guard or Reserves of the Uniform Services. Some scholarships also available to sons, daughters, or spouses of a past or present veteran.
- A.C.N.M. Foundation provides up to six scholarships every year of $2,000-$4,000 each to midwifery students who are ACNM members.
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
AAPA financial aid resources page with several listings for scholarship and loan forgiveness opportunities.
- Association of Family Practice Physician Assistants
AFPPA Student Scholarship. PA students with a special interest in primary care medicine. Must be a member of AFPPA. $1,000-$1,500. Deadline: September 1.
- Association of Physician Assistants in Oncology
APAO Scholarship. PA students interested in a career in the field of hematology/oncology. Must be an AAPA member. $2,000-$2,500. Deadline: April 20, 2014.
- Association of Prevention Teaching & Research
Paul Ambrose Scholars Program. Scholarships are awarded to students to attend a leadership symposium in Washington, D.C., and conduct a community-based health education project at their institution.
- Indian Health Service Scholarships for Native Americans
HIS Scholarship. American Indians and Alaska Natives who commit to a service obligation. Deadline: late March.
- Johnson & Johnson Foundation provides information about nursing education scholarships.
- MN Academy of Physician Assistants
MAPA First-year PA Student Scholarship. Must be an MAPA member in the first year of a PA Program. Up to $4,500. Deadline: early March.
- National Health Service Corps (NHSC) offers a loan repayment program to nurse-midwives and other health care professional that commit to working in underserved areas across the country.
- Physician Assistants for Latino Health
PALH Scholarship. PA students with leadership in the Latino community or interest in Latino health issues. Must be a member of PALH and AAPA. $500.
- Physician Assistants for Orthopaedic Surgery
Susan Lindahl Memorial Scholarship. PA students with interest in pursuing career in orthopedics. $500-$1,000. Deadline: August 15.
- Physician Assistant Scholarships
Directory of scholarships for Physician Assistant studies by PhysicianAssistantPrograms.net.
- The Society of Physician Assistants in Otorhinolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery
SPAO-HNS Scholarship. PA students with sincere interest in a career in ENT. Deadline: May 1.
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services National Health Service Corps
NHSC Scholarship Program. Awards scholarships to students pursuing careers in primary care. Students must commit to serving for 2-4 years upon completion of training. The NHSC also offers a Loan Repayment Program that provides medical providers the opportunity to have their student loans repaid while serving in communities with limited access to care.
Organizations and Foundations That Offer Scholarships for Graduate Students
Scholarships for Students of Color
Scholarship Search Engines
- U.S. News Scholarship Search
- Tuition Funding Sources
Learn how to avoid scholarship scams: