The Digital Library works with the History Center, Archives of Bethel University and Converge Worldwide--BGC to provide digital collections about the history of Bethel University and its founding denomination.
Search the Digital Library for Bethel, the Baptist General Conference, and Converge Worldwide history
The catalogs include the record of the academic life, faculty, calendar, programs and courses of study for Bethel from 1906 to 2011.
The Clarion is the student newspaper of Bethel University. Published first in 1921 by the students of Bethel Academy, it continues to record Bethel’s news, history, and culture up to the present day. This collection is growing and will eventually hold issues spanning from 1921 to 2007.
A collection of books by and about Bethel University, the Baptist General Conference (now known as Converge Worldwide), and their related communities. Some books were formerly published in print by the denominational press called Harvest Publications and are now made digitally available through the Bethel University Digital Library.
The Baptist General Conference Annual Reports span from 1932 to 2005 and include statistics and reports from each of the committees within the conference.
A collection of images of Minnesota's historical churches in the Baptist General Conference denomination, which is now called Converge Worldwide.
The Bethel University Historical Photographs Collection includes images of the history and culture of Bethel University from it’s early history (1871) to the present day.
A collection of selected documents from the History Center: Archives of the Baptist General Conference and Bethel University that illustrate Bethel's 1871 beginnings as the Swedish Baptist Theological Seminary in Chicago to its present status as Bethel University located in St. Paul, Minnesota.
The Standard was the official publication of the Baptist General Conference from 1940 to 2002 and included contributions from both Conference and Bethel authors.
Bethel's yearbook documents the people, events, activities, and ideas of the Bethel community during the school year. It was published annually from 1909 to 1989 except for the years of 1933-36, 1982, 1984-87.
Faculty Journal was a journal by and for Bethel faculty. Begun in February 1960, Faculty Journal was an “occasional” journal that ran until 2008 (the journal was not published between 1968-1977 and 2001-2007).
These online inventories, called Finding Aids, include information about items included in the collections held in the History Center: Archives of the Baptist General Conference and Bethel University.
History Center Information
and is located in the Bethel Seminary Library; email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.
History Center Digital resources about Converge Worldwide and the Baptist General Conference.