Theological studies at Bethel Seminary are set within the framework of historic evangelical theology, such as:
- The reliability of the Scriptures as the authority for Christian living and church order
- The depravity of humanity, making divine redemption necessary through personal regeneration
- The virgin-born Christ as the incarnate Redeemer
- The vicariously atoning death of Jesus Christ
- The historicity of the resurrection
- The certainty of the return of Christ
While faculty at Bethel are encouraged to share their personal convictions when teaching essentials of the Christian faith, we maintain broad tolerance for divergent views in theological interpretation. We combine the continuing foundational truths of evangelicalism with the best insights of contemporary thought. While preserving our own distinctive theology, there is healthy interaction of faculty and students with the larger ecumenical world of theological discussion.