The Bethel University and Seminary Libraries offers a great opportunity to get involved in helping faculty, staff and students find and use resources. Any available positions will be posted below.
Check Bethel's current job openings to see if any positions are available in the library.
There is a position available in the Bethel University Digital Library.
Digital Library Assistant
Student will assist the Digital Library Manager in creating and managing digital collections of Bethel's historical, scholarly, and cultural items. Items in the Digital Library are processed for long-term preservation, efficient discovery, and integration into teaching, scholarship, and community outreach.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Process video and audio files by original recording and digital conversion.
- Scan physical materials into digital form;
- Process and examine digital files for description, quality control, compilation, and format conversion;
- Assist in content maintenance and creation on Digital Library web site;
- Organize physical materials for processing and storage.
- Transcribe video, audio, and handwritten documents for searchability and discovery.
- Operate digital collection management software to upload digital files and enter metadata for administration and discovery;
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills & abilities needed
- Detail-oriented Good written and spoken communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks and projects
- Experience with spreadsheets such as MS Excel Creativity and Problem-solving skills
- Understand basic organizational principles of libraries and digital information
- Media Production experience (Video and audio recording and editing)
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop Experience with digital photography
Please fill out an application if interested.
- My Library Accounts
- + Research
- Reference and Research
- + Interlibrary Loan
- + Equipment & Technology
- Study Rooms
- Disability Services
- Distance Users
- + Services for Alumni & Visitors
- + Faculty Services
- + About the Libraries
- + Libraries & Collections
- + News & Events
- + Get Help