Some places you apply to may leave you guessing—did you receive my application? Is there anything more I can provide? Is the position still open?
At Bethel, we want to be as transparent and helpful as possible throughout the entire process. The goal of the hiring process is to help us get a better understanding of who you are and if you’d be a good fit for Bethel. At the same time, we want you to get a better understanding of Bethel and if we’re a good fit for you.
In general, here is the process for hiring faculty members at Bethel:
- Application received. You’ll always receive a confirmation from us that we’ve received your application.
- Initial review. Because of the specific type of members we’re looking for, we conduct an initial review and will let you know if you won’t be a part of the group we’re continuing to review.
- Interview/Interaction with top candidates. At this point, we’ll invite you to engage with various members of our community:
- Search committee (if applicable)
- Faculty of the department or program
- Divisional or Associate Dean
- Vice-President and Dean of the school
- Executive Vice-President and Provost
You’ll also meet with a faculty committee, enjoy some casual time to interact with other faculty and representatives from other areas of campus, get a feel for community life at Bethel, and teach a class session.
Applicants for a faculty position at Bethel Seminary: At this point we’ll also confirm your participation in a Converge Worldwide church—a requirement for seminary faculty.
- Unforeseen changes. If at any point we need to delay or cancel the hiring process, we’ll let you know.
- Hiring notification. If you aren’t selected as the final candidate, we’ll let you know that the position has been filled. We’ll also keep your application and materials on file for 6 months. You can reactivate your application for another position at any time.
Ready to apply?
Select a job from one of our current openings and apply.
Search Faculty Job Openings