Our Friendship Family Program connects international students at Bethel with local families for their first year at Bethel.
Students can sign up for the program online before their departure for the U.S. or before school starts so they can connect with their host family right away.
Why Join the Friendship Family Program?
Connecting with a host family is a great way for international students to build friendships outside of the college environment and experience family life in the U.S.
Here are some of the things a host family might do:
- Invite you to their home for weekend meals or holidays
- Provide a ride from the airport to Bethel when you arrive
- Invite you to join them for church on Sundays
- Pray for your time here at Bethel
- Help you learn about American culture firsthand
- Give you a tour of the Twin Cities
Again, students will be paired with a family for the first semester they're in the program.
Families are welcome to commit to the program either for one semester or one academic year. We hope you enjoy the opportunity to build lifelong friendships.