☰ In This Section

Transfer Evaluation System (TES)

Transferring Courses from Another College

See how your credits transfer to Bethel!

Use our Transfer Evaluation System to see how credits from other colleges and universities will transfer to Bethel.

Some courses will have a direct match, and some will apply as general education credits or transfer in for elective credits toward your degree.  

This tool is based on our  most recent course catalog. Some Bethel equivalencies may be slightly different than the listing below, but final determination of transfer credits will be made after you’ve sent official transcripts to Bethel.

For help with searching or reading the results, you can reference this document

Don’t see your course or school?

If you don’t see your school or a course you took, you may fill out a petition.

We’ll coordinate with department heads to evaluate how your courses will transfer into Bethel. All schools must be regionally accredited and you must earn a grade of C or better for credits to be considered.

Sending Your Transcripts

You’re responsible for making sure all official transcripts for transfer courses are sent to Bethel University.

Prospective Students:
Electronic transcripts: Paper transcripts: Bethel University PO #2371, 3900 Bethel Drive, Saint Paul, MN 55112

Current Students:
Electronic transcripts:
Paper transcripts: Bethel University, Office of the Registrar PO #2375, 3900 Bethel Drive, Saint Paul, MN 55112

You will receive an e-mail notifying you that your transfer work has been updated after Bethel has received your official transcript(s).

Credits by Examination (AP, CLEP, and IB)

Bethel will accept up to 30 credits by examination. If a student takes more than 30 credits by examination, the Transfer Records Specialist will bring in the credits that are most beneficial for the student. Check our General Education equivalencies for each exam:

Advanced Placement (AP) (pdf)

  • An AP score of at least 3 is required. Equivalencies may vary based on the students score on the exam. In some cases, a score of 4 or higher is required to fulfill a general education or major requirement. 
  • Send an official transcript from CollegeBoard to the Office of the Registrar. Our school code is 6038.
  • If you select Bethel as your school for sending a free score report, we will receive it from the College Board. Exam scores for tests taken in the spring typically arrive at Bethel in mid-July for evaluation.

College-Level Examination Program (pdf)

International Baccalaureate (pdf)

  • The minimum score to transfer in Standard Level exams is 5. The minimum score to transfer in Higher Level exams is 4. The minimum score to transfer the Extended Essay is an A, B or C.
  • Send an official transcript from International Baccalaureate to the Office of the Registrar.

If you want your credits by examination to apply toward courses for your major or minor, you may fill out a petition with your request.

Other Sources of Transfer Credits

Youth with a Mission (YWAM) Discipleship Training School

  • Students must send an official transcript from the University of the Nations to Bethel University
  • Students may receive up to 12 transfer credits, as follows:
    • BIB101    Introduction to the Bible (3 cr)
    • BIB1        Bible Electives (9 cr)
    • GES1—Z Cross-Cultural Experience (gen ed requirement) (0 cr)

Military Basic Training

  • Students must send an official transcript to Bethel University.
  • Students may receive up to 4 transfer credits, as follows:
    • HAS120 First Aid (1 cr)
    • PEA1—Q Leisure and Lifetime Sport (gen ed requirement) (1 cr)
    • PEA1 Physical Education Elective (2 cr)


  • Students must send an official transcript from the college or university to Bethel.
  • Many of these courses will be listed under the coordinating school in the Transfer Evaluation System (TES). You may submit a petition if you do not see it listed in TES.
  • All credits earned in the program will transfer into Bethel.

International Exams

Students who complete high school outside the U.S. and who pass national exams such as the French baccalauréat or British A-levels may be eligible to receive credit for some first-year courses. Please send the transcripts to Bethel and contact the Office of the Registrar if you have additional questions.

Study Abroad/Off-Campus Programs

Please check with the Office of International Studies / Off Campus Programs for information on approved study abroad schools and programs. If not part of an approved study abroad school or program, official transcripts for all courses completed at colleges outside of the United States must be evaluated (and translated, if needed) by an approved evaluation agency or U.S. college or university. Examples of evaluation agencies are World Evaluation Services and Educational Credential Evaluators Inc.


  • Internships, field experiences, and vocational or technical course work will not transfer to Bethel.
  • Courses must be at the 100-level (1000-level for colleges using a four-digit numbering system) and higher are accepted for transfer. Remedial courses are not accepted for transfer.

Transfer Levels

The number of transfer credits you bring into Bethel will affect which general education requirements will be required for graduation. Please reference the Transfer Level chart in the catalog.


If you’re a prospective student, talk with your admissions counselor. If you’re a current student, talk with the Office of the Registrar.