Biblical Foundation courses build students' biblical and theological competence by enabling students to gain knowledge of scripture, understand theology based on scripture, and develop the skills for understanding and interpreting the Bible and Christian faith. Through Biblical Foundations courses, students learn to:
- Recognize the content, context, history, and truth of the Bible
- Apply the essentials of theology to the complexities involved in understanding human situations
- Interpret and apply scripture to the complexities involved in understanding human situations
Why study Biblical Foundations?
As we live out our faith in a broken and changing world, we must have the skills for appropriate interpretation and application of scripture. To do this, students must be able to:
- Interpret and apply scripture to personal issues and current issues
- Use biblical and theological principles to live and act influentially in society
- Discern the biblical values that will govern their conscience, judgments, goals, and decisions
Courses & Course Categories
- BIB101 Introduction to the Bible
- THE201 Christian Theology*
- CATEGORY: Interpreting Biblical Themes (J)
*This course is integrated into the Humanities Program for students in that track.