At Bethel, we encourage the pursuit of research and scholarship opportunities and make it a priority to support you in your efforts. Here are a few ways to get your research funded and resources to help you along the way.
Bethel Scholarships and Grants
Opportunities for support of collaborative scholarship and research at Bethel University can be found in a number of different areas. Competitively awarded grants are available through the Edgren Scholars program. Opportunities also exist within some individual departments or with individual faculty.
Collaborative research opportunities include funded research within the Natural Sciences and other academic departments. Individual departments can be contacted for more specific information.
- Research opportunities in Biology
- Endowed Research in Chemistry
- Endowed Research in Math and Computer Sciences (contact Brian Turnquist, Department Chair, for further information)
- Research opportunities in Physics and Engineering
Looking for a place to stay while you're doing summer research? Residence Life offers summer housing for students to stay on campus while they work on projects.
Bethel sets aside funds annually for the purpose of supporting student travel and participation at professional conferences. These funds are available in partnership with individual departments on a competitive basis for students presenting a paper or poster at a conference.
Individual students are eligible to apply for up to $300 of travel support to attend a professional conference. The student may either attend as an individual or in a group. Research and scholarship projects should be conducted in collaboration with a Bethel faculty member.
To be eligible for support, you must:
- Have permission from your collaborating faculty member to present research results
- Be a current Bethel student
- Have an accepted presentation for a conference (poster or oral presentation)
Application materials and additional guidelines are available.
Externally Funded Programs
Many opportunities exist through externally funded programs. Here are a few of them:
- Amgen Scholars
- Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship
- Fulbright Scholars Program
- Jack Kent Cooke
- Marshall Scholarships
- Rhodes Scholar
- Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation
Research Internship Opportunities
Under development. More coming soon!