☰ In This Section

Frequently Asked Questions

How do people complete an undergraduate degree while working?

Our adult undergraduate programs are designed for busy, working adults. Seventy-six percent of our students work full time and 19% work part-time. Many of our students also have families and sometimes even civic and religious obligations-and still manage to take classes too.

Your life experience adds to the educational environment in the classroom. Your practical insights and experiences combine with course material to help you grow.

What programs do you offer?

We offer 7 bachelor's degrees, 2 certificates, and associates degrees. Learn more about our adult undergraduate academics.

When is class held?

Classes usually meet once a week in the evenings and students take one class at a time. Cohorts, the group of students you'll go through the program with, are held in a variety of delivery options: face-to-face, hybrid or fully online. Some programs have a different schedule. Contact your enrollment counselor with specific schedule questions. 

I have already taken undergraduate courses. Will these credits transfer?

Many students transfer in credits. Part of the application process includes a free transcript evaluation to determine how your credits will transfer. Contact an enrollment counselor to request a transcript evaluation.

I have never been to college. Do you offer accelerated courses for me?

Part of our adult undergraduate degree offerings are an Associates of Arts and an Associates of Science degree. This program, part of the General Studies program, offers many entrance level liberal arts courses to prepare students for a bachelor's degree program.

I am not ready to join a degree program. May I take an individual course?

Yes! Individual courses are available as space allows for students who are not interested or not yet part of a degree program. Learn more about our accelerated courses.

When do the programs begin?

Most of our adult undergraduate programs begin in the fall and the spring. Contact your enrollment counselor for program specific start dates.

Is Bethel accredited?

Bethel University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Bethel is a member of the Teacher Accreditation Council; a member of the Council on Social Work Education at the undergraduate level; and a member of the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. Bethel is approved by:

  • The Minnesota Board of Teaching for teacher preparation programs leading to licensure for pre-kindergarten, elementary, and secondary teaching
  • The Minnesota Board of Nursing for nursing preparation

Do I have to be religious to attend the College of Adult & Professional Studies?

Bethel University strives to meet the unique educational and personal needs of adult learners in a supportive Christian environment. We believe that faith is linked to learning. We also recognize that everyone has their own faith journey. Many of our learners do attend church regularly and/or embrace the Christian faith; however, this is not a requirement.

Where does Bethel fall in the U.S. News and World Report college rankings?

Bethel University has consistently ranked as one of the best colleges in the Midwest in U.S. News and World Report.

What Bethel services are accessible to students?

  • Email accounts
  • Access to computer labs and technology help desk
  • Free personalized education plan
  • Library with 24/7 online access to the Bethel University Library and other Twin Cities private colleges' libraries
  • Disability services and accommodations
  • Writing tutoring
  • Academic advising

How much will an undergraduate degree program cost?

Tuition and fees information is available from the Office of Financial Aid.

Does Bethel offer financial aid?

Yes. Both need and non-need based assistance is available. Contact the Office of Financial Aid for more information.

How long will it take for me to complete my undergraduate degree?

Most programs take about two years to complete. Contact your enrollment counselor for a more detailed schedule.