Special education is about more than recognizing gifts. It’s about helping students reach their full potential.
Today’s students require leaders who are passionate about addressing the quality of education for all students—no matter their individual gifts, abilities, or needs. Bethel’s Director of Special Education licensure program is designed to prepare administrators to serve in this unique call. You’ll gain the tools to educate and care for students with disabilities in your district.
Choose a Program
* These costs are estimated and subject to change.
No news articles available at this time.
Program retention rate of 97 percent
Working professionals in our program find that our professors strike the perfect balance between challenging class work and personal support, helping you complete your license on time.
All students participate in an internship in their local area. And if you need to fulfill the required 3-years of teaching experience, you can concurrently complete a teaching internship.
Two-track licensure optionYou can choose to just earn the license only or earn the license while completing Bethel's Doctor of Education program.
Our Director of Special Education License will help you take the lead in ensuring students with disabilities have the resources and services they need to succeed.
Learn how to:
- Understand special education policies and laws
- Apply leadership values and ethics to your decisions
- Allocate resources for efficient delivery of services
- Communicate effectively with community members
- Plan and develop curriculum
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for all students
- Serve diverse students and their families with cultural sensitivity