The purpose of Bethel's youth theology institute is to provide motivated high school students the time, place, and tools to think theologically and discern God’s calling upon their lives.
Living The Questions is an intentional experience where students will be invited into purposeful discussion and reflection around difficult faith questions and learn tools to navigate questions like...
- How to do justice in a broken world?
- How does science illuminate the wonders of God?
- How does media and technology influence spiritual growth?
This 10-day summer program is then followed by a 10-month mentorship.
Cost is $295.00 and covers housing, food, and all programming. Local congregations are encouraged to provide financial support. Scholarships are also available.
The institute is intended for students who have completed 10th, 11th or 12th grade who want to engage in deeper conversations about faith, justice, and calling.
- Develop skills to think theologically by exploring relevant questions raised by topics such as justice, science, and media
- Gain understanding and appreciation for how God’s presence connects with human needs through service learning
- Engage in reflective discussion to better understand one’s gifts and explore calling