Work with Purpose is an initiative of Bethel Seminary funded by the Kern Family Foundation. We create opportunities for strategic dialogue between seminary faculty, staff, and students; local pastors and lay church leaders; and Christians in the marketplace and beyond. Together our community explores the implications of our Christian faith on our daily work. We seek to reintegrate faith with work, vocation, and economics as well as minimize the divide between the “secular” and the “sacred.” To us, all work is ministry.
Take a look at how we do this and then consider joining us on this journey toward a fuller picture of the gospel and discipleship.
Our leadership team brings together diverse perspectives that shape and drive all initiative activities.
Our team includes 4 staff members:
- Justin Irving, Initiative Director - Professor, Bethel Seminary St. Paul
- TediAnne Hasapopoulos, Church Ambassador - MBA Instructor, Bethel University
- Tessa Pinkstaff, Initiative Manager - Bethel Seminary St. Paul
- Adrienne A. Aguirre, Initiative Assistant - Bethel Seminary San Diego
And 5 additional business and ministry leaders:
- Don Blue - Director of Finance, Grace Church
- Geoff Bohleen - Executive Pastor, Buffalo Covenant Church
- David Howard - Professor of Old Testament, Bethel Seminary St. Paul
- Nathan Miller - Senior High Pastor, GracePoint Church
- Al Prentice - MBA Instructor, Bethel University
Our advisory council is made up of influential leaders who serve as an important sounding board for the overall direction and impact of the initiative.
- Leith Anderson - President, National Association of Evangelicals
- Judy Austin - Executive Pastor, Proverbs Christian Fellowship
- Laurel Bunker - Dean of Campus Ministries & Campus Pastor, Bethel University
- Paul Ferris - Professor of Hebrew Bible, Bethel Seminary St. Paul
- Ramon Pastrano - President & CEO, ImpactLives Inc.