Work with Purpose is an initiative of Bethel Seminary, funded by the Kern Family Foundation. We invite a strategic dialogue between faculty, students, pastors, lay church leaders and Christian businesspeople. Together our community explores the implications of our Christian faith on our work. The goal of our dialogue is to reintegrate faith with work, vocation and economics; or in other words, to further reintegrate the “secular” with the “sacred.”
Take a look at how we do this and consider learning with us as we work toward a fuller picture of the kingdom potential of work.
Our leadership team brings together diverse perspectives that shape and drive all initiative activities - the backbone of who we are.
Our team includes 3 staff members:
- Justin Irving, Initiative Director - Professor, Bethel Seminary
- TediAnne Hasapopoulos, Church Ambassador - MBA Instructor, Bethel University
- Tessa Pinkstaff, Initiative Manager
And 5 additional business and ministry leaders:
- Don Blue - Director of Finance, Grace Church
- Geoff Bohleen - Connections Pastor, Wooddale Church
- David Howard - Professor of Old Testament, Bethel Seminary
- Nathan Miller - Senior High Pastor, GracePoint Church
- Scott Peterson - Executive Director, Burnsville YMCA
- Al Prentice - MBA Instructor, Bethel University
Our advisory council is made up of influential leaders and acts as an important sounding board for the overall direction and impact of the initiative.
- Leith Anderson - President, National Association of Evangelicals
- Judy Austin - Executive Pastor, Proverbs Christian Fellowship
- Laurel Bunker - Dean of Campus Ministries & Campus Pastor, Bethel University
- Paul Ferris - Professor of Hebrew Bible, Bethel Seminary
- Ramon Pastrano - President & CEO, ImpactLives Inc.
- Harold Wiens - Retired 3M Executive Vice President