Each year, the Chemistry department awards the Ralph and Karla Holman Endowed scholarship to four incoming students who demonstrate financial need and exemplary potential as a chemistry or biochemistry major.
$1,000, renewable up to four years
- At the wishes of the donors for this endowed scholarship, qualified applicants must demonstrate need, as defined by the Financial Aid office at Bethel University.
- Applicants must have declared either a chemistry or biochemistry major.
- Must be an incoming first-year student of Bethel University (freshman or transfer).
To be eligible for renewal, students must meet the following criteria:
- Remain a chemistry and/or biochemistry major
- maintain at least a 3.30 GPA
- and be making satisfactory progress towards a degree as determined by the chemistry department
How to Apply
The application requires the following information:
Including standardized test scores, GPA, and lists of math and science courses taken.
Write a short essay (about 500 words) on why you want to major in chemistry or biochemistry and what your educational and career goals are. (It's advised to copy-and-paste your essay into the application from a word processing program.)
The letter of recommendation should be from a teacher or other individual able to comment on your academic performance (strengths/weaknesses), potential as a chemistry/biochemistry major, and other factors distinguishing you from other applicants.
Via email: This letter should be e-mailed to Wade Neiwert, professor of chemistry, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Via standard mail: The letter must be sent in a sealed and signed envelope to:
ATTN: Wade Neiwert
3900 Bethel Drive
St. Paul, MN 55112
- All application materials must be received by February 1 for consideration.
- Applicants will be notified after February 21 of their status.
If you have any questions, please email Chemistry Professor Wade Neiwert.