We're excited that you're interested in the Emotional and Behavioral Disorders License program at Bethel University. If you have questions about any requirements, contact our admissions team.
Here's how you apply:
Step 1 - Check application requirements and prerequisites
You must meet these requirements to be eligible for the program. All academic requirements must be fulfilled through a regionally accredited institution.
- Complete prerequisite Standards of Effective Practice course sequence either before or during program. Submission of Minnesota teaching license is sufficient documentation of completion of equivalent coursework
- Have earned a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited (or internationally recognized as equivalent) institution
- Prerequisite: EDUC624 Introduction to Theories and Practices of Teaching and Learning
- Prerequisite: EDUC630 General Teaching Methods of 5-12 Classrooms
- Prerequisite: EDUC661 Field Experience
- Prerequisite: EDUC663 Understanding Diversity
- Prerequisite: EDUC665 Teaching Content Area Literacy
- Prerequisite: EDUC668 Classroom Technology
Step 2 - Apply
Next, get started on your online application.
Step 3 - Complete your application steps
There are just a few things we need from you before we can review your application.
- A copy of any current teaching licenses
- Interview with Enrollment Counselor
- Statement of Purpose
- Two professional references
- Verification of an earned baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with official transcripts documenting an undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
Step 4 - Complete enrollment requirements
After you've been accepted to the program, you might need to complete a few additional requirements before you start class. Your enrollment counselor will follow up if there's anything we need from you.