Bethel University extends a huge thank you to all who minister to high school students!
- Long to understand why God cares about justice.
- Want to understand what justice looks like.
- Wrestle with how to do justice in a broken world.
That's why Bethel has developed Living The Questions, a youth theology institute for high school students (entering grades 10-12) who like to discuss faith questions, desire to turn their faith into action, show leadership potential, or are interested in justice.
Partnering to help students...
- Connect the Bible with the tough questions they ask.
- Discern how their faith relates to their future plans.
- Find ways to ways to meaningfully serve others.
Bethel wants to partner with you, as you help guide students on their spiritual journey in order to lead them into a deeper understanding of where God is at work in the world, and how they are called to be involved as followers of Christ. The 2017 theme of Justice & Faith will provide your students with an opportunity to seek justice.
- Learn more about the program details
- Begin praying for those students from your congregation that might attend Living The Questions
- Tell your students about Living The Questions and encouarge a couple of students to attend
- Complete a reference form for your students wanting to attend
- Explore how your congregation might be able to help support your student(s) financially
- Begin praying for those adult mentors from your congregation that might be willing to meet with your student
We would be happy to come visit your youth group to introduce Living The Questions. If interested, contact Katie Friesen Smith at 651.638.6117 or email@example.com.
Feel free to use any of the following resources:
- half-letter flyer 2-up (pdf): color or grayscale
- letter flyer (pdf): color or grayscale
- tabloid flyer (pdf): color or grayscale
Research has found that youth are more likely to stay in church, after graduation, if at least one adult from church made a significant investment in them personally and spiritually during their high school years. Living The Questions and Bethel University want to partner with your congregation in connecting your student with an adult mentor for a 10-month leadership experience that takes place August–May. We strongly recommend students who participate in Living The Questions meet monthly with an adult mentor in your church.