Here are a few more details about the trip that may be of interest to you as you consider spending your spring break in New York city.
- We will be flying to NYC.
- The majority of your time in NYC will be planned as part of the Vision Trekk process. However, you will have 2 nights (in addition to your free day on Friday) to explore the city. For safety, there will be a curfew and we ask that you go in groups of at least 3.
- Pack light! Trust us, you'll be happy you did. In addition to one moderately sized suite case, you will need to bring a small backpack or day bag for our daily excursions.
- Cameras are encouraged!
- We encourage you not to bring homework!
- If you have special dietary needs, please talk to us before we leave. While there are many options of places to eat in New York, finding a place to accommodate a group our size will be difficult.
- Plan to be moving a lot. Each day will encompass a minimum of 5 miles of walking. This won't be done all at once, but you will get lots of exercise.
- Due to the time of year we are going, the weather can be unpredictable. Plan for cold and rainy as well as warm and sunny.
- All payments must be in before we leave. Please talk to Nathan Freeburg to make other arrangements.
What to Bring
This is some, but not all, of what you'll need to bring:
- Photo ID
- Bible, notebook, pen
- Day backpack
- Good walking shoes (no flip flops or sandals)
- Travel money for food or shopping
- Personal toiletries
- Sunscreen or hat and sun glasses (you'll be outside a lot)
- Wet wipes or anti-bacterial hand wash
- Cell phone and charger
- Camera or camcorder
- At least one nice outfit for church or Broadway play
- Comfortable, layered clothing. It can get cold outside but hot in the subway stations and indoors.