We're excited that you're interested in the Physician Assistant program at Bethel University. If you have questions about any requirements, contact our admissions team.
Here's how you apply:
Step 1 - Check application requirements and prerequisites
You must meet these requirements to be eligible for the program. All academic requirements must be fulfilled through a regionally accredited institution.
- 250 Hours Healthcare Experience
- Earned BA or BS degree from a regionally accredited or internationally recognized institution
- GPA of 3.25 or higher on a 4.0 scale overall and 3.25 or higher science GPA
- Meet Program Technical Standards**
- Prerequisite: Biochemistry
- Prerequisite: Human Anatomy (3 credit minimum, taken in the last five years)
- Prerequisite: Human Physiology (3 credit minimum, taken in the last five years)
- Prerequisite: Microbiology (3 credit minimum, taken in the last five years)
- Prerequisite: Organic Chemistry
- Prerequisite: Physics (3 credit minimum)
- Prerequisite: Psychology (3 credit minimum)
- Prerequisite: Statistics (3 credit minimum)
Step 2 - Apply
We're excited that you're interested in the Physician Assistant program at Bethel University. If you have questions about any requirements, contact our enrollment counselor.
To apply, please note that PA applications are processed through an external company's web-based application, CASPA (Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants) only.
CASPA Application opens: April 27, 2016
CASPA Application deadline: August 1, 2016
Classes begin: June, 2017
The components of the CASPA application are:
- Official College Transcripts
- Bethel PA Questionnaire ($50 fee)
- Two Professional References
Get started on your CASPA Application.
Step 3 - Interview with program representative
Interview invitations are extended to those applicants that the selection committee perceives to be competitive for admissions. The interviews are in early October; the exact dates are determined by the program and will be communicated with candidates in the offer to interview.
When evaluating candidate's readiness and overall fit with the Bethel PA program, members of the selection committee consider these characteristics of high value:
- Academic achievement
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership experience
- Community service experience
- Personal integrity
- Recommendations of advisors, employers and professors
- Motivation for career in healthcare and prior experience in the healthcare field
Step 4 - Complete enrollment requirements
Instructions for enrollment requirements will be provided by the PA program after acceptance. Enrollment requirements include:
- Non-refundable tuition deposit ($500)
- Criminal background check*
- Health screening**
- 2-step Mantoux test
- Proof of health insurance
*Certain offenses may preclude graduates from becoming licensed as a physician assistant and/or may limit clinical placement options.
**All students must receive approval from their care provider of the technical standards (pdf) prior to starting the program.