Students are responsible for ensuring that official transcripts for transfer courses are sent to the Office of the Registrar.
Current students contact the Office of the Registrar, incoming or prospective students contact your admissions counselor.
Credits by Examination (AP, CLEP, and IB)
- We will accept up to 30 credits by examination.
- The pre-approved courses on the AP, CLEP, and IB lists are for General Education Requirements only. If you are looking for courses for your major or minor, you will need to petition the course to transfer. Use the Petition Form from the Office of the Registrar.
Advanced Placement (AP) and College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- An AP score of at least 3 is required. In some cases, a score of at least 4 is required.
- A CLEP score of at least 50 is required.
- An official transcript must be sent from CollegeBoard to the Office of the Registrar in order to have your courses transfer. Our school code is 6038.
International Baccalaureate (IB)
- The minimum score requirement needed to transfer in Standard Level exams is 5. The minimum score requirement needed to transfer in Higher Level exams is 4. The minimum requirement needed to transfer the Extended Essay is A, B or C.
- An official transcript must be sent from International Baccalaureate to the Office of the Registrar in order to have your courses transfer.
Transferring Courses From Another College/Institution
- Please review the transfer equivalencies listed on our Transfer Evaluation System (TES).
- The school must be regionally accredited.
- A grade of C or better must be obtained.
- An official transcript must be sent to the Office of the Registrar once the course is completed and the grade is posted.
- Internships, Field Experiences, and Vocational or Technical course work will not transfer to Bethel.
- Credit may be transferred from ROTC or Military Basic Training with proper documentation.
- A Petition Form from the Office of the Registrar is required to be completed and approved prior to taking the class.
- Please check with the Office of International Studies / Off Campus Programs for information on approved study abroad schools and programs.
- If not part of an approved study abroad school or program, official transcripts for all courses completed at colleges outside of
the United States must be evaluated (and translated, if needed) by an approved evaluation agency
or U.S. college or university. Examples of evaluation agencies are World Evaluation
Services, AACRAO International Education Services, and Educational Credential Evaluators Inc.